Thoresby 20th Open Exhibition 2016
Saturday 3rd September – Sunday 2nd October
Painting | Drawing |Photography | Collage | Printmaking | Anything 2D
This year’s exhibition will happen later than published in our latest ‘What’s On’ guide! We aim to have many new works from local artists to hang in the exhibition. The selection panel will be made up of industry professionals. We’d like to see current work, there is no set theme.
1st Prize: The Thoresby Gallery prize £500
2 runners up: Shared Exhibition worth over £1000 in 2016
A warm welcome to all our regulars and artists trying the ‘open’ for the first time. This will be our 20th year of this well-established exhibition, please note this year’s open exhibition is happening later than advertised in our “what’s on” guides. Our ‘open’ is unusual in that we still judge the work ‘in the flesh’ instead of digital images! We believe in keeping it live and giving everyone the best chance we can. Simply bring your work along on hand in days, fill in the form and keep your fingers crossed.
- Up to 3 works per artist
- Must be your own original work not previously shown at Thoresby
- All work will be for sale with a gallery commission of 40%.
- Fee £8 per entry (Students with a valid student ID £6)
- All work must be framed – Hang with ‘D’ rings and framer’s cord or Mirror plates. NO other fixings will be accepted!
- Canvases do not need to be framed but must have the correct fixing.
- Maximum size 1500 x 1500 mm
- Clearly label the back of your work with your name, title and medium
- The Gallery and open exhibition are unmanned but monitored with CCTV. Works will be sold from our visitors’ centre, which will run the same opening times.
Hand in days:
Fri 19th Sat 20th and Sun 21st August 11am – 4.00pm to Thoresby Visitors Centre
- Bring your own work along to the Visitors centre – FREE PARKING
- Bring your form along, or fill one out in the Visitors centre when dropping works off.
- Exhibition labels may also be filled out in the Visitors centre
- We need to know your total Artist’s price please ensure you keep in mind the 40% commission fee to the Gallery that will be added to your artist price to get the display amount when calculating your prices.
- Selection will take place on Tuesday 30th August
- Results of the selection process will be e-mailed on Thursday 1st September
- Unselected works must be collected from Thoresby Visitors centre between 11am + 4pm on Fri 2nd, Sat 3rd or Sun 4th September.
- Unsold works must be picked up from Thoresby Gallery between 11am and 4pm on the 3rd + 4th of October.
Please note that the Gallery has no storage facilities so please arrange for someone else to come and collect your work with your receipt, if you are not available to come on any mentioned days.
For further information and a submissions form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you call our booking office on 01623 822009